Sunday, November 29, 2009

Introduction!

Hi all! As this is my first attempt at blogging, here is a bit in the way of introduction. I am a dressage instructor/trainer currently living and working in Boise, Idaho. I have many great students and training horses, as well as owning/competing on several of my own horses. I competed through Grand Prix dressage on my self-trained half-Arabian SB Flame Dancer (whom my mom purchased for me as a yearling, when I was 9 years old). I have also trained several other horses from young horse to FEI level, including Redmond, Escorial, and Victor. In between all this training, I graduated from Stanford University (class of '02) with a BA in Philosophy.
My blog will likely be a cross between discussions of everyday dressage training/instruction, more philosophical issues, and random stuff that I find interesting. :)
Here's a great quote I found today, that emphasizes independent thinking:

Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.
--Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment