Saturday, February 25, 2012

California bound in a month!!

Winter is finally starting to subside, and I'm looking forward to the 2012 show season! I leave for the Festival of the Horse CDI in San Juan Capistrano, CA, in late March. All three horses (Charismatique, Victor, and Escorial) will be coming with me and competing in the CDI short tour (PSG/I-1). It will be both Charismatique and Victor's first I-1 in competition, both are going quite well in training so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes at the show. I would have liked to have done a few I-1's with those two last year in preparation, but there you go. :)
Escorial (aka Monkey) has been going really well, initially we were preparing for the I-2/GP but I decided to do PSG/I-1 again for a shot at Gladstone. With his good scores from last year's Golden State Classic CDI, he's in a good position for this year. The I-2 debut can wait.
I also have several very nice youngsters going right now, including Bolero (who is coming 6 this year) and will debut at First level later on. I also have a couple of very nice horses owned by clients that will be showing as well later in the year (debuting at the Idaho Festival in March). My amateurs are also doing well, and looking forward to the 2012 show season.
Ernie is getting a hip replacement on March 16, so hopefully that will help his pain level and give him some relief. He's also scheduled to do his knees (yes, both) in November. Guess who's going to be riding more?! As if I'm not busy enough!
I will plan on updating my blog while I'm in California (like I did last year) so everyone can follow the news. Should be a very exciting year with the selection trials for London in full swing.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment